How to Have the Best Maternity Session EVER!! by Tracie Jean Photo Studios Cincinnati Maternity Photographer
If you are pregnant and interested in maternity photos, this note is for you!!
I remember how long 3 minutes feels when you’re staring at a stick that will, most assuredly, change the rest of your life! From the moment that little extra line appears in the box, your life begins to present it’s fair share of little surprises, right?
First, the not-so-good mornings (or afternoons, or evenings depending on your pregnancy), then come the tiny flutters that make you forget all about the not-so-good mornings. Remember the first time you heard that little heartbeat racing in the monitor? It just keeps getting better. All your clothes start getting smaller along with your bladder. In fact, you’d sleep if you didn’t have to take 100 trips to the potty every night. Your little soccer players’ movements become more pronounced and your dreams of holding your little angel become so vivid. As you thought you couldn’t lose your heart any more profoundly, they break out the ultra-sound:0) We Moms don’t stand a chance!!
I can tell you that pregnancy was one of the most magical times of my life! You may not feel beautiful….but, you are:) What could be more lovely than creation at work before our eyes? What a wonder you are right at this moment!
Let’s make sure you remember it that way!
Some tips I’ve discovered through research and experience….
1. No lotion on the belly the day of your shoot. Shiny bellies make light hard to control…soft and powdery is what we’re going for:)
2. Tight pants, socks, sleeves leave dents in the skin. Stay form-fitting but comfy for your shoot. Let’s keep your skin smooth:)
3. Even if you’re a super-natural style Mama, you’ll want to wear some make-up to the shoot. Using a foundation that is a shade lighter than your skin helps to promote luminence and gives your skin an even more heavenly glow than your baby already has:) Mascara and/or eyeliner helps to define your eyes and will bring out the natural beauty in the renderings.
4. Tell your photographer (me) what you’re comfortable with. If you’re belly shy…say so! We have ways of making sure your belly looks stunning (whatever that means to you). If you don’t like your stretch marks, c-section scar, linea nigra (you know the dark line along the navel line?), or anything else, there are ways to remove them. Certainly, they don’t need to be a reason not to have amazing belly pictures:)
5. Do a little research. PINTEREST!! Look at a few pictures online and pinpoint what you like. Don’t be afraid to make suggestions. I love ideas! Growing is what we’re all doing here:)
6. Props rock! Bring anything that could even potentially be used:) Baby booties, cute outfits, ultra-sound images, name blocks just to give a few ideas:)
I hope this helps to calm any fears and get you even more excited about your sessions!! So excited to meet all of you!